Friday, 17 December 2010

Lexiconic manipulations

Recently, developments at home have meant I've little time to relax and get to grips with putting "pen to paper", to furnish you kind patrons of my blog with those cerebral eruptions I'm wont to call, "my thoughts", "my writing". However, be that as it may, notwithstanding, henceforth, nonetheless, and a backward somersault with pike... in gratitude for your patronage (and as it's the season of goodwill) I thought it best to present upon you the latest offering from the part of my brain that produces daft thoughts, namely the sillybellum.

As an occasional "chatterer" on the various platforms offered by the Internet: MSN, Yahoo, and Gtalk, etc., I've noticed certain words are repeated again, and again to the point of irritation. Most culpable in my experience is the adjective, "cool", meaning fine, great, or wow. This, thought I, would be a likely candidate for refurbishment, or at least, a little, tarting-up.

At first I thought I'd simply substitute
it with a synonym, but from deep within the convoluted highways, byways, nooks and crannies of my mind, came the idea of re-spelling. This, I think, has the benefit of giving it greater visual appeal, though I'll let you decide. So...

Ladies, gentleman, and those that fit between or maybe beyond... I give you, in quasi-celtic form... KEOUGHL!

What do you think? Is it indeed, keoughl? Or do you think instead, it's the outpouring of a feoughl?

Whatever.

A merry YEOUGHLTIDE to all!

5 comments:

Sari said...

Right, it's official, you are the silliest feoughl around :)

Have a Keoughl Yeoughl!

Michelle said...

You're so clever.

Sari said...

Forgot to mention that I often use the ever so popular Germanic version of your quasi-celtic 'keoughl', which is of course ├╝ber-kool :) How cool is that, if not cooler than cool?

Maundering mutterer said...

Wow! You are the keouglest!

PAMO said...

Damn- even when you don't have time to put pen to paper, you write so fluidly.
As a frequent user of "cool", I love the new spelling. However, I've become addicted to the automatic spell check available in Mozilla, so let's see... keoughl... nope, not recognized. I'm out.