Monday, 25 October 2010

And in the interim period... a re-cycled post of old...

I was told an amusing tale of mistaken identity this morning. Some person in my company, not known for washing his car regularly was the victim of a prank perpetrated by one of his colleagues; a not very imaginative ruse and rather juvenile (which is probably why I like it) amounting to a simple line drawing of male genitalia, set in the grime on the car's body. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

The victim, blissfully unaware of this recent addition of 'artwork', drove home, parked up, and still didn't notice the grime-etched phallus. It was not till some time later that his mother approached him and announced, 'Someone's drawn an alien on your car'!

First thing that struck me was, 'poor woman, I wonder how long it's been since she saw a naked male!'. Though it also occurred, perhaps there's some truth in this woman's much ridiculed report of many years ago, when, nine months' prior to her son's birth, she claimed to be abducted by aliens and subjected to a vaginal probe...

My preferred hypothesis is simply that the artist was incompetent and had no idea of proportion, making the head of the penis enormously large, thus accounting for the mistaken identity on the part of the woman. Still, you can't help but smile, and think not so much of 'ET phone home', as 'ET rammed home'!


No apologies to those of you who groaned at this last remark. Have a nice day.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

*snickers*

lancelonie said...

She claimed she was abducted so that does mean she also claimed her son is an alien? :))

Happy Monday, Ronald!b

Maundering mutterer said...

All my children are dogs (apart form the cat).

Sari said...

jeje!

Ronald said...

Michelle,, thanks for being so kind. I don't think it's so amusing on re-reading ;-)

Lancelonie,, I have no idea, but it does imply a kind of insult, don't you think? :-)

MM, how dare you upstage my post with your funnier line! Just kidding (re the indignation not about the comic value of your line) :-)

Sari, you having an identity crisis? I thought you were Finnish, not Spanish :-)

PAMO said...

I kind of did groan, but I'm glad you offered no apology. :-)

Ronald said...

PAMO I thought I'd try on, "never apologise for anything ever again" , for size. It won't happen, but will be interesting in the short term to get a feel of what it's like to be a politician :-) thanks for dropping by.

Michelle said...

What.. you don't think it deserves a laugh? I did groan as well, if you're wondering..

oh and mughs is the wvw.. I wonder if that means anything..

actually I know it doesn't.. I just think it sounds funny...

Ronald said...

Michelle It's sweet of you to come back and reassure me it has some comic value. Cheers :-)