Tuesday, 31 August 2010

What do I know?

I'm aware I can be a pain in the arse when, as they say, I "go off on one". That is, when I get on my high-horse and spout what may appear to be (to the lesser attuned ear) certitudes, in a confident, all-knowing manner. But that's not what's happening.


I know little, or at least, I'm not sure about much. I'm usually playing devil's advocate, just to stir things a little, though I guess that threatens the less fluid self-images amongst us.


I can only be me. This is how I am. After all, I have to say something, don't I? Or would you wish that I hid from view all but the most trivial of my thoughts? Or that I said little, or perhaps, nothing at all?


I can feel threatened too. I'm not above all this. I have my moments when the humour is gone, and what's been said is more than I can bear... but it passes.


One thing I do know for sure: ultimately, I can laugh, and laugh, and then laugh again, at myself.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes.

Michelle said...

Oh and you're silly.

Ronald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ronald said...

Damn, I forgot about that. Maybe it's time I got back to the silliness. This serious stuff is giving me migraines :-)

It's your turn to post, isn't it? Come on, you can spare 5 minutes can't you? Hehe...

Michelle said...

Er.. yeah.. in a bit.

Sorry for the lack of substantial comment.. I'm just not really sure what you're getting at :Z

Ronald said...

You never have to apologise to me Michelle, especially regarding the more cryptic of my ramblings. This particular post came from nowhere, inspired by our talk in the previous post, about humour being of paramount importance. It's mainly an explanation, but part apology for past behaviour by me and is aimed at the Universe in general. It lacks detail so I'm not surprised you haven't a clue. Essentially, it's an explanation of my seeming 'cuntishness". I'm a nice lad really :-)

Sari said...

Being yourself is the important thing methinks. Trying to be something or someone else just doesn't work, not for very long anyway.

And being able to laugh at yourself is good. I laugh at you too :) With you, I meant with you :)

Ronald said...

Sari, you're a cheeky fucker :-)

Sari said...

Thanks :)