Saturday, 12 June 2010

A warming tale...

I'm discumknockulated for sure, and I have good reason.


It's not the sunniest, brightest, or hottest of summer days today, but still, despite the clouds, the sun is holding it's own and temperatures are more than short-sleeve-worthy; so it was with some surprise as I entered mom's living room, to feel a slight resistance as a wall of hot air embraced me!


"Mother!", says I, "why on earth do you have the gas-fire on?".


"I get cold!", she says, predictably.


"Don't you think it would be better if you wore a cardigan?"


"What?", she snapped, "a cardigan.. AT THIS TIME OF YEAR?".


They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so at this point in the writing, I wish I had access to a wide-eyed, unblinking, emoticon.


Sheesh!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

*guffaws*

people have their ways :)