Thursday, 13 May 2010

Jugs...

I consider myself to be a writer, but label myself so, simply because I like to write, not because I'm published or particularly able in any way. In my estimation it's the most competent thing I do.

My pleasure is to lay words on the page, to construct sentences, and to arrange them in paragraphs. Where possible I like to convey meaning too, but this is not always my primary goal as I find I can't write if I'm not having at least a little fun; so be prepared to find liberties taken with words, as they may be "distorted", or even newly invented (neologisms) as with the title of a long ago aborted blog of mine - "Wazzmococcic".

The word "wazzmococcic" is contrived from the word "wazzo", first heard in the BBC comedy Bottom , the reference being, "wazzo jugs"; "jugs" meaning breasts, and "wazzo", meaning, "impressive". The latter part, "coccic", is derived from "cocci" - a word approximating, I think, "of great proportion" - found in one of (I forget which) Henry Miller's trilogy of books, Sexus, Nexus, and Plexus. Anyway, it will suffice to say, "Wazzmococcic" is synonymous with, "of splendid grandeur". Onward we go...

No comments: