Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Lacking finesse

I couldn't go to work today, allthough, "couldn't", may be too strong a word. If I'd steeled myself, I'd have made it; but do I want to spend two and a half hours travelling, along with 8 hours sitting, when my bowels are operating on a hair-trigger, my head is thumping, and my bones, muscles, sinews, and my cells too, are aching?


It's not all bad though, for is it not true, every cloud has a silver-lining? Apart that is, from those without, like cheap curtains... but I digress. Something good happened.


I had a "moment". An instance of inspiration which, on reflection could have gone wrong, but which nevertheless, I chose to act upon.


My action? I gave the lap top a single, and as an Irishman might say, tump!. It resolved my "trapped cd" problem... or, as I might say, t'werked.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I know I commented here already. I'm sure I did.

*tries to remember comment, while being sure it was particularly witty*

um...

vompar

Michelle said...

Oh yeah.. banging things *snickers*.. yeah, I think it's a valid form of um.. technical fixit stuff.. it actually worked for me a few times during the "have comp that works sometimes" days, until it stopped working for once and for all and no amount of thumping (or fiddling) would make it work.

Ronald said...

My apologies. I had a problem with my posts. The formatting in each post was different and I was trying to resolve the problem. It's still not done to my satisfaction and unfortunately, I lost the comments to this post. Again, my apologies. I'm sure I replied too, and in some amazingly creative way!

Michelle said...

I'm sure you did too...

Oh well, luckily I have nothing important enough going on that I wasn't able to remember the gist of the earlier comment :)